Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Year in Review...

Over the last year a lot of things have happened on the doula front for me.   First and foremost I have been honored to attend 2 births. My first birth was at the end of June it was a beautiful experience that went about as well as you could hope for. The second was in August and it was just as amazing as the first.  Both babies were healthy and beautiful. Those moments are the most miraculous of my life.  I have a few other births potentially scheduled for the end of November and the beginning of December.

I observed a hypnobabies class and learned a lot!   I think that this labor technique is awesome. Having never used it during a birth myself I can't vouch for that aspect, but I do know that the hypnosis works for me, especially when I can't fall asleep at night. :) I also recently attended a special training to be a hypno doula. Which means that I am even more prepared to support moms who choose to use this technique.

I love being a doula!  It is the best thing ever.  :)  I only wish that I could do it full time without having to worry about having a 'real' job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment