Friday, October 12, 2012

Lessons Learned

I had the great experience to attend a birth with a fellow doula. It was great to see things from a new perspective. I have only my own limited experience to draw from so it was nice to see how other doulas care for their clients. It was a very long day. I was awake for almost 24 hours. I have never been the type to stay up late and I found that I am really not good at it.

Here are some things that I learned:
  1. Always have snacks 
  2. Adrenaline is awesome but carries a large whammy afterward. 
  3. People are always watching to see how/what you are doing
  4. Never underestimate the power of small things 
  5. You are not just caring for mom, but dad as well 
The miracle of birth humbles me every time, no matter the place or circumstance. Being a part of that moment when families are created or expanded is breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment